One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- as modifier ‘bhindi bhaji’Indian term for okra
- ‘Besides the samosa, you'll find other fried concoctions like the bhindi main dish.’
- ‘Call it gumbo, bamya, lady's fingers, bhindi, quingombo or a half-dozen other names, okra is an annual vegetable usually thought of as a Southern plant.’
- ‘There are 5 vegetarian specialties including an interesting bhindi masala and an aloo gobi masala (potato and cauliflower curry).’
- ‘Over the weeks, they prepared and sampled baingan bartha, peas, cabbage, bhindi cooked in Indian style, sambar, rasam, various types of salads, upuma, vegetable pulao, curd and occasional sweet dishes.’
- ‘Last year, vegetables like parmal and bhindi sold in the marketplace were found to have been chemically treated to enhance their natural colouring.’
From Hindi bhiṇḍī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.