One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often in place names A building used for a special purpose, such as meetings or concerts.‘they will demonstrate before Paryavaran Bhavan tomorrow’
- ‘The sangha, which can make up to 5,000 flags a day, sells them through the khadi bhavans and bhandars all over the country.’
- ‘On March 19 at 4.30 p.m., the bhavan will screen ‘The Delicatessen Shop Owner,’ the 1978 film.’
- ‘The bhavan will also hold a two-week exhibition from July 2 at its library.’
- ‘The bhavan held a screening of the film as part of the celebrations.’
- ‘The transfer of three kanal of land on a leasehold basis for the construction of an NRI bhavan in the office complex of the Commissioner, Jalandhar division, has also been approved.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.