Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
often in place names A building used for a special purpose, such as meetings or concerts.‘they will demonstrate before Paryavaran Bhavan tomorrow’
- ‘The transfer of three kanal of land on a leasehold basis for the construction of an NRI bhavan in the office complex of the Commissioner, Jalandhar division, has also been approved.’
- ‘On March 19 at 4.30 p.m., the bhavan will screen ‘The Delicatessen Shop Owner,’ the 1978 film.’
- ‘The bhavan held a screening of the film as part of the celebrations.’
- ‘The bhavan will also hold a two-week exhibition from July 2 at its library.’
- ‘The sangha, which can make up to 5,000 flags a day, sells them through the khadi bhavans and bhandars all over the country.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.