One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often in place names A building used for a special purpose, such as meetings or concerts.‘they will demonstrate before Paryavaran Bhavan tomorrow’
- ‘The transfer of three kanal of land on a leasehold basis for the construction of an NRI bhavan in the office complex of the Commissioner, Jalandhar division, has also been approved.’
- ‘On March 19 at 4.30 p.m., the bhavan will screen ‘The Delicatessen Shop Owner,’ the 1978 film.’
- ‘The sangha, which can make up to 5,000 flags a day, sells them through the khadi bhavans and bhandars all over the country.’
- ‘The bhavan held a screening of the film as part of the celebrations.’
- ‘The bhavan will also hold a two-week exhibition from July 2 at its library.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.