One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A classical dance form of southern India.‘refinement is the essence of Bharatanatyam’
- ‘The dance scenario, particularly Bharatanatyam, they feel, at present reflects a number of healthy trends.’
- ‘Also, Bharatanatyam is another dance form, which I have been exposed to.’
- ‘This dance drama was the beginning of a new tradition in Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘As a foreigner, who adopted Bharatanatyam as her own, I would like to share some of my personal experience connected to it.’
- ‘She dabbles in Bharatanatyam, jazz, tap dancing and now ballet with complete ease.’
- ‘This workshop focuses on basic training in Odissi, Bharatanatyam and Kathak.’
- ‘Besides frequently performing Bharatanatyam, she also teaches Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘Today, Bharatanatyam dance schools are flourishing everywhere - in India and abroad.’
- ‘For over a quarter-of-an-hour the dancer spoke of how in Bharatanatyam there was a thin line that divided spirituality from sensuousness.’
- ‘The Indian classical dance form - Bharatanatyam - does not need to run after updating.’
- ‘It also offers classes in Kathak, folk, Bharatanatyam, European classical ballet, contemporary western Salsa and Jazz.’
- ‘But these did not deter her from devoting her entire life to the dance and also to resuscitate Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘Watching young steps explore the classical modes of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi is uplifting.’
- ‘The dancers have trained in Bharatanatyam, yoga, Indian folk forms, martial art Kalari, and modern dance.’
- ‘Another traditional dance form, Bharatanatyam, has been presented in a compact disc, thanks to efforts of a software company.’
- ‘Yes Bharatanatyam can provide a way of keeping in touch with roots in India.’
- ‘The individual capsules feature a variety of dance forms, including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi and Manipuri.’
- ‘Compared to Bharatanatyam, Mohiniattam is a slow, soft and graceful dance.’
- ‘Unlike Bharatanatyam dancing, Kathak is performed throughout from a normal standing position.’
- ‘That is what she seeks to do through Bharatanatyam, one of the most creative dance forms in India.’
From Sanskrit bharatanāṭya, literally ‘the dance of Bharata’, from Bharata, reputed to be the author of the Nāṭyaśāstra, a manual of dramatic art.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.