One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A classical dance form of southern India.‘refinement is the essence of Bharatanatyam’
- ‘The Indian classical dance form - Bharatanatyam - does not need to run after updating.’
- ‘That is what she seeks to do through Bharatanatyam, one of the most creative dance forms in India.’
- ‘Watching young steps explore the classical modes of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi is uplifting.’
- ‘The dancers have trained in Bharatanatyam, yoga, Indian folk forms, martial art Kalari, and modern dance.’
- ‘Also, Bharatanatyam is another dance form, which I have been exposed to.’
- ‘This dance drama was the beginning of a new tradition in Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘For over a quarter-of-an-hour the dancer spoke of how in Bharatanatyam there was a thin line that divided spirituality from sensuousness.’
- ‘As a foreigner, who adopted Bharatanatyam as her own, I would like to share some of my personal experience connected to it.’
- ‘Unlike Bharatanatyam dancing, Kathak is performed throughout from a normal standing position.’
- ‘Today, Bharatanatyam dance schools are flourishing everywhere - in India and abroad.’
- ‘Yes Bharatanatyam can provide a way of keeping in touch with roots in India.’
- ‘Compared to Bharatanatyam, Mohiniattam is a slow, soft and graceful dance.’
- ‘It also offers classes in Kathak, folk, Bharatanatyam, European classical ballet, contemporary western Salsa and Jazz.’
- ‘She dabbles in Bharatanatyam, jazz, tap dancing and now ballet with complete ease.’
- ‘Besides frequently performing Bharatanatyam, she also teaches Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘Another traditional dance form, Bharatanatyam, has been presented in a compact disc, thanks to efforts of a software company.’
- ‘But these did not deter her from devoting her entire life to the dance and also to resuscitate Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘The dance scenario, particularly Bharatanatyam, they feel, at present reflects a number of healthy trends.’
- ‘The individual capsules feature a variety of dance forms, including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi and Manipuri.’
- ‘This workshop focuses on basic training in Odissi, Bharatanatyam and Kathak.’
From Sanskrit bharatanāṭya, literally ‘the dance of Bharata’, from Bharata, reputed to be the author of the Nāṭyaśāstra, a manual of dramatic art.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.