Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A classical dance form of southern India.‘refinement is the essence of Bharatanatyam’
- ‘But these did not deter her from devoting her entire life to the dance and also to resuscitate Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘The Indian classical dance form - Bharatanatyam - does not need to run after updating.’
- ‘Watching young steps explore the classical modes of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi is uplifting.’
- ‘Besides frequently performing Bharatanatyam, she also teaches Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘Also, Bharatanatyam is another dance form, which I have been exposed to.’
- ‘It also offers classes in Kathak, folk, Bharatanatyam, European classical ballet, contemporary western Salsa and Jazz.’
- ‘Unlike Bharatanatyam dancing, Kathak is performed throughout from a normal standing position.’
- ‘The dance scenario, particularly Bharatanatyam, they feel, at present reflects a number of healthy trends.’
- ‘Compared to Bharatanatyam, Mohiniattam is a slow, soft and graceful dance.’
- ‘This dance drama was the beginning of a new tradition in Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘The dancers have trained in Bharatanatyam, yoga, Indian folk forms, martial art Kalari, and modern dance.’
- ‘For over a quarter-of-an-hour the dancer spoke of how in Bharatanatyam there was a thin line that divided spirituality from sensuousness.’
- ‘She dabbles in Bharatanatyam, jazz, tap dancing and now ballet with complete ease.’
- ‘Another traditional dance form, Bharatanatyam, has been presented in a compact disc, thanks to efforts of a software company.’
- ‘The individual capsules feature a variety of dance forms, including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi and Manipuri.’
- ‘Yes Bharatanatyam can provide a way of keeping in touch with roots in India.’
- ‘That is what she seeks to do through Bharatanatyam, one of the most creative dance forms in India.’
- ‘As a foreigner, who adopted Bharatanatyam as her own, I would like to share some of my personal experience connected to it.’
- ‘This workshop focuses on basic training in Odissi, Bharatanatyam and Kathak.’
- ‘Today, Bharatanatyam dance schools are flourishing everywhere - in India and abroad.’
From Sanskrit bharatanāṭya, literally the dance of Bharata, from Bharata, reputed to be the author of the Nāṭyaśāstra, a manual of dramatic art.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.