Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A classical dance form of southern India.‘refinement is the essence of Bharatanatyam’
- ‘Today, Bharatanatyam dance schools are flourishing everywhere - in India and abroad.’
- ‘The individual capsules feature a variety of dance forms, including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi and Manipuri.’
- ‘Another traditional dance form, Bharatanatyam, has been presented in a compact disc, thanks to efforts of a software company.’
- ‘The dancers have trained in Bharatanatyam, yoga, Indian folk forms, martial art Kalari, and modern dance.’
- ‘Compared to Bharatanatyam, Mohiniattam is a slow, soft and graceful dance.’
- ‘This dance drama was the beginning of a new tradition in Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘Besides frequently performing Bharatanatyam, she also teaches Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘The dance scenario, particularly Bharatanatyam, they feel, at present reflects a number of healthy trends.’
- ‘But these did not deter her from devoting her entire life to the dance and also to resuscitate Bharatanatyam.’
- ‘For over a quarter-of-an-hour the dancer spoke of how in Bharatanatyam there was a thin line that divided spirituality from sensuousness.’
- ‘As a foreigner, who adopted Bharatanatyam as her own, I would like to share some of my personal experience connected to it.’
- ‘She dabbles in Bharatanatyam, jazz, tap dancing and now ballet with complete ease.’
- ‘Watching young steps explore the classical modes of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi is uplifting.’
- ‘It also offers classes in Kathak, folk, Bharatanatyam, European classical ballet, contemporary western Salsa and Jazz.’
- ‘Yes Bharatanatyam can provide a way of keeping in touch with roots in India.’
- ‘The Indian classical dance form - Bharatanatyam - does not need to run after updating.’
- ‘That is what she seeks to do through Bharatanatyam, one of the most creative dance forms in India.’
- ‘Unlike Bharatanatyam dancing, Kathak is performed throughout from a normal standing position.’
- ‘This workshop focuses on basic training in Odissi, Bharatanatyam and Kathak.’
- ‘Also, Bharatanatyam is another dance form, which I have been exposed to.’
From Sanskrit bharatanāṭya, literally ‘the dance of Bharata’, from Bharata, reputed to be the author of the Nāṭyaśāstra, a manual of dramatic art.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.