One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So as to be no longer recognizable.‘within a few years, the Soviet Union changed almost beyond recognition’‘methods of production have improved beyond all recognition’
- ‘The engine of the Union Pacific train, lying along a 90-degree curve of the track, was smashed almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘The numinous quality of the sunset changed a familiar landscape beyond recognition.’
- ‘Witnesses said many of the dead were damaged beyond recognition.’
- ‘They vanished without trace, changing the lives of the people who cared about them beyond recognition.’
- ‘In my 40-plus years of experience, the process has changed almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘The old man advised him to have his hair cut off, which would change his appearance beyond recognition.’
- ‘The banks of the Thames are changing beyond recognition.’
- ‘Olympic ripples are changing my neighbourhood, almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘I believe its original intention has been warped beyond recognition by greed.’
- ‘Over the past 20 years the industrial relations system in Australia has undergone radical transformation almost beyond recognition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.