One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So as to be no longer recognizable.‘within a few years, the Soviet Union changed almost beyond recognition’‘methods of production have improved beyond all recognition’
- ‘Over the past 20 years the industrial relations system in Australia has undergone radical transformation almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘Olympic ripples are changing my neighbourhood, almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘They vanished without trace, changing the lives of the people who cared about them beyond recognition.’
- ‘Witnesses said many of the dead were damaged beyond recognition.’
- ‘The engine of the Union Pacific train, lying along a 90-degree curve of the track, was smashed almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘The numinous quality of the sunset changed a familiar landscape beyond recognition.’
- ‘In my 40-plus years of experience, the process has changed almost beyond recognition.’
- ‘The old man advised him to have his hair cut off, which would change his appearance beyond recognition.’
- ‘I believe its original intention has been warped beyond recognition by greed.’
- ‘The banks of the Thames are changing beyond recognition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.