One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Allowing no uncertainty.‘you've proved it beyond doubt’
- ‘It has now been proved beyond doubt and some people have had their reputations ruined as a result.’
- ‘We don't know which species, but the evidence shows beyond doubt that it is not species specific.’
- ‘The research also puts beyond doubt the notion that the sit-down family Sunday dinner is dying out.’
- ‘That the origin of the garden goes back well beyond oriental and classical times to distant antiquity is beyond doubt.’
- ‘In these cases, Hunter proved beyond doubt the notion that lymphatic vessels alone absorb fats and fluids.’
- ‘His determination to help matters is beyond doubt and above reproach.’
- ‘His first strike was impressive but his injury-time volley that put the result beyond doubt was stunning.’
- ‘It proves beyond doubt Daly's assertion that bohemian, earthy things have an edge and can prove timeless.’
- ‘Which is, of course, the point at which you know beyond doubt you've bought something seriously great.’
- ‘That Britain is a multi ethnic and multi faith country is clearly beyond doubt and is reflected in the Census statistics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.