One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a great and astonishing extent.‘his face was swollen beyond description’
- ‘Wherever he went were piles of dust deep multiple inches deep, cobwebs of size beyond description, and heaps of rubble where the ceiling had collapsed or walls had caved in.’
- ‘What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.’
- ‘And I'm certainly not worried about being in England - to be honest, I'm excited beyond description.’
- ‘The sight was magnificent beyond description.’
- ‘Her kindness, warmth and gentle nature went beyond description.’
- ‘Seeing people's lives changed and transformed is both exciting and rewarding beyond description.’
- ‘It's a tragedy beyond description and I want the full country and the medical profession to realise just how dreadful this whole story is.’
- ‘‘The thrill, the mad delirium of being free is beyond description,’ he writes.’
- ‘This time, the nightmarish anxiety alone was beyond description.’
- ‘However, due to limited mobility, any entertainment that comes to them brings pleasure beyond description.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.