One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surpassing all others of the same kind.‘their spa services are fantastic and beyond comparison’
unmatched, unrivalled, unparalleled, unequalled, matchless, peerless, without peer, without equal, in a class of its own, all-time best, inimitable, incomparable, beyond compare, beyond comparison, second to none, unsurpassable, surpassing, nonpareilView synonyms
- ‘Whether it is in doing good to others, solving a difficult problem, or simply doing the right thing, man experiences a certain glow of pleasure that is beyond comparison.’
- ‘The merge between graphic design and photography is seamless and the end result is beyond comparison.’
- ‘For Shirley, this was a tragedy beyond comparison.’
- ‘Look, there are two events which are beyond comparison, which are unique events.’
- ‘The intricate figurines that roll out of his sandalwood art when he opens one hand-held closet after another is beyond comparison.’
- ‘It was sparking like a lake in the sun, but with a beauty beyond comparison.’
- ‘That conversation was a gift beyond comparison.’
- ‘And of course the difference in the human cost is almost beyond comparison.’
- ‘At first, I'd just seen her as my strong friend who could do anything, and who was brave beyond comparison.’
- ‘She's an expert on good music, and beautiful beyond comparison.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.