Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surpassing all others of the same kind.‘their spa services are fantastic and beyond comparison’
unmatched, unrivalled, unparalleled, unequalled, matchless, peerless, without peer, without equal, in a class of its own, all-time best, inimitable, incomparable, beyond compare, beyond comparison, second to none, unsurpassable, surpassing, nonpareilView synonyms
- ‘At first, I'd just seen her as my strong friend who could do anything, and who was brave beyond comparison.’
- ‘It was sparking like a lake in the sun, but with a beauty beyond comparison.’
- ‘And of course the difference in the human cost is almost beyond comparison.’
- ‘She's an expert on good music, and beautiful beyond comparison.’
- ‘Whether it is in doing good to others, solving a difficult problem, or simply doing the right thing, man experiences a certain glow of pleasure that is beyond comparison.’
- ‘The intricate figurines that roll out of his sandalwood art when he opens one hand-held closet after another is beyond comparison.’
- ‘The merge between graphic design and photography is seamless and the end result is beyond comparison.’
- ‘Look, there are two events which are beyond comparison, which are unique events.’
- ‘That conversation was a gift beyond comparison.’
- ‘For Shirley, this was a tragedy beyond comparison.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.