One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beyond (or within) one's budget or income.‘the government is living beyond its means’‘a flat that was within her means’
- ‘Another important factor in playing the lottery is to play within your means.’
- ‘First of all they are going to help you set up a budget so you live within your means.’
- ‘And don't forget, you must live within your means and stay away from credit-card debt.’
- ‘It's not always about living beyond your means.’
- ‘Live within your means, they say, we can't bail you out forever.’
- ‘Why can't people learn to live within their means?’
- ‘We're living within our means, rather than borrowing against the future.’
- ‘Without any insurance, the emergency room fee was far beyond her means.’
- ‘They live rather well within their means, evidently.’
- ‘‘I live within my means,’ she says with a quiet laugh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.