One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the lovely daughter tries to lay the blame for her own transgression on a bewitchment, Nell and her grandmother suffer terrible consequences from the frenzied folly of a superstitious community.’
- ‘Broadly speaking, the frequency of supposed bewitchments diminished; their scope was restricted to personal, not communal, misfortunes; socially, a narrower range of persons was involved.’
- ‘The intense anxiety created by fear of bewitchment in past societies may have further increased the incidence of the nightmare.’
- ‘He also remarked on the harmful effects of ‘the almost universal belief amongst the common people in so-called spells and bewitchments’.’
- ‘These books are filled with prayers thought to help those suffering from bewitchment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.