Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘What else one can look forward to are the bewitchingly beautiful beach villas with the best of amenities ranging from food to entertainment.’
- ‘There is a whole new world of sight and insight, both bewitchingly beautiful, to be discovered and savoured!’
- ‘Choose from among a panoply of fresh, forthright, and bewitchingly flavored coconut-milk curries, hot-and-sour soups, and noodle dishes.’
- ‘The bride looked most bewitchingly lovely, in a simple robe of the finest Mechlin lace, with a superb veil of the same costly material, which hung down to her feet.’
- ‘No other performer can be bewitchingly funny and celestial at the same moment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.