Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See bewilderingas submodifier ‘the regulations are bewilderingly complex’
- ‘Not only are financial products bewilderingly complex, advisors are relying on the wrong people to guide them.’
- ‘There are other failures: the plot is bewilderingly complicated, condensed, and foreshortened.’
- ‘Drawn pages were on display as artworks, in their original size so that one could get up close and examine the often bewilderingly intricate line work.’
- ‘But a simple request for a list of the 40 cyclists who have been prevented from racing for excessive haematocrit levels since 1997 produced a bewilderingly response.’
- ‘Distances even to the nearest star - it takes a beam of light four whole years - are bewilderingly large.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.