One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveAustralian
- non-standard spelling of beauty
- ‘Witness their sporting commentary - no one plays as well as an Aussie sports hero: ‘You bewdy!’’
- ‘Not to worry, the scavengers snap a bewdy of the couple looking like they're in love.’
- ‘This one's a bewdy, Michael.’
- ‘Aussie culture lovers take note; this is a 'true blue' pub, a 'little bewdy'.’
- ‘Wouldn't this be a bewdy of a ripper little country if it was fueled by that inspired a passion?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.