One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toothed wheel whose working face is oblique to the axis.
- ‘It then fell, and the bevel wheels turned the standard so that the arms were cleared of the running line.’
- ‘Each of the vertical bevel wheels can drive the minute hands on an exposed clock dial on the outside of the tower.’
- ‘Both the coarse and fine bevel wheels have built-in stop rings so you don't over-grind the face.’
- ‘All the while power is uninterrupted to the bevel wheel on the left driving the escapement.’
- ‘The bevel pinion on the crankshaft is of steel, while the bevel wheel which it drives is of phosphor bronze.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.