One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In confidence.‘just between you and me, he's a bit boring’
between us, entre nous, in confidence, in strict confidence, confidentially, in private, privately, off the recordView synonyms
- ‘Between you and me, there's something about the British that gets under my skin.’
- ‘Between you and me, how much time does it take an ordinary citizen to meet an official?’
- ‘Just between you and me, I've got a bit of a thing for this hot chick.’
- ‘Between you and me, he is a really top bloke.’
- ‘So, just between you and me, didn't it help to spread a little cash around on both of these stories?’
- ‘Between you and me, I fear the same thing is going to happen in this new euro era.’
- ‘Just between you and me, though, I'll bet he gets left in the dust.’
- ‘Frankly, between you and me, I'm getting a little worried about him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.