One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In confidence.‘just between you and me, he's a bit boring’
between us, entre nous, in confidence, in strict confidence, confidentially, in private, privately, off the recordView synonyms
- ‘Between you and me, I fear the same thing is going to happen in this new euro era.’
- ‘Just between you and me, I've got a bit of a thing for this hot chick.’
- ‘So, just between you and me, didn't it help to spread a little cash around on both of these stories?’
- ‘Just between you and me, though, I'll bet he gets left in the dust.’
- ‘Between you and me, he is a really top bloke.’
- ‘Frankly, between you and me, I'm getting a little worried about him.’
- ‘Between you and me, there's something about the British that gets under my skin.’
- ‘Between you and me, how much time does it take an ordinary citizen to meet an official?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.