Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Selling in greater quantities than others of same same kind.‘a bestselling novel’‘he is also a bestselling author’
top-selling, very successful, very popularnumber-one, chart-topping, hit, smashView synonyms
- ‘Screenwriters wade into turbulent water when they adapt screenplays from best-selling books.’
- ‘He wrote the bestselling biography of U2 in 1985, just before the band became rock superstars.’
- ‘In fact, the trash compactor became the bestselling home appliance of that year.’
- ‘The first film was a hit, and the bestselling series has won three children's book prizes.’
- ‘The following passages are all from bestselling novels that have been made into movies.’
- ‘The comics have gone through a series of artists, and have proven to be best-selling graphic novels.’
- ‘So it's a good time to take a fresh look at the best-selling business magazine in the world.’
- ‘Do you have what it takes to define a new genre and create a bestselling title?’
- ‘He is a fluent speaker of English, the author of best-selling books on the art.’
- ‘Based on the bestselling novel by Sebastian Faulks, but with some thoroughgoing shifts in tone and narrative, Charlotte Gray centres on a heroine joining the Second World War effort and falling in love.’
- ‘He now writes bestselling crime novels at his home in New South Wales.’
- ‘Hollywood has always excelled in turning bestselling books into movies.’
- ‘Readers will delight in the amazing illustrations from bestselling novels around the world.’
- ‘She turned her experiences into two hilarious bestselling books.’
- ‘The bestselling single in 2000 was Bob the Builder's Can We Fix It?’
- ‘Was it possible to write the bestselling biography to match the box-office hit?’
- ‘For a surprisingly long time, it was either the #1 bestselling ebook on the entire Amazon website or in the top 100.’
- ‘It now makes and markets the top three bestselling disposable lenses worldwide.’
- ‘The English-language version of his best-selling life story is to be published by Haynes in September.’
- ‘I'm going to collate all the poems into a bestselling anthology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.