One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the former European region of Bessarabia or its inhabitants.‘a Bulgarian of Bessarabian descent’
- ‘I am the grandson of a Bessarabian rug merchant.’
- ‘In the vicinity of the Bessarabian frontier, the army was already involved in a series of engagements.’
- ‘I continue on, more than 250 miles, to the outskirts of a 1,000-year-old Bessarabian fortress city.’
- ‘Bessarabian painters of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries concentrated on landscapes and rural themes.’
- ‘The Bessarabian government voted for a total union.’
A native or inhabitant of the former European region of Bessarabia.‘he was a Bessarabian of noble birth’
- ‘A Bessarabian was appointed minister of education.’
- ‘At a table near the door sat the French Bessarabian.’
- ‘The Bessarabians' living standards improved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.