One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover or adorn with something that glitters or sparkles.‘a small cell all bejewelled and bespangled with flashy ornamentation’
decorate, adorn, ornament, dress, dress up, furnishView synonyms
- ‘Sauntering along, the boy looks up and sees a tree filled with angels, bright angelic wings bespangling every bough like stars.’
- ‘The living room was bespangled with cheap gold.’
- ‘Their handsome foliage, bespangled with silver splodges and spots, sparkles among the winter mire.’
- ‘His father develops depression and petit mal seizures, his mother takes up ballroom dancing; one vegetates on a locked ward while the other bespangles taffeta with sequins.’
- ‘I have counted scores of these rich garlands, throughout which the queenly lotus always shone conspicuous, bespangling the surface of the water at the same time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.