One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The defenders ran out of ammunition while the Royalist besiegers kept up the bombardment as though determined to destroy everything opposing them.’
- ‘The attack, when it came, was ill co-ordinated, and the city resisted with more determination than its besiegers had ever expected.’
- ‘The besiegers grew increasingly desperate during the late winter and early spring as supplies ran terribly short.’
- ‘It also raised the possibility of forcing back the besiegers.’
- ‘The besiegers suffered heavy casualties in every assault, while the besieged were forced to call on the services of the old and young who were normally excused military duties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.