One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He pouted at me and said beseechingly, ‘Come here?’’
- ‘He pleaded sweetly, shaking his clasped hands at her beseechingly.’
- ‘He called as loudly and beseechingly as possible, ‘Please help me!’’
- ‘She gazed up at him beseechingly. ‘I do not wish our wedding to be spoiled by anything; least of all Papa's disapproval.’’
- ‘And Arthur, looking overwhelmed, turning his eyes on her beseechingly, saying, ‘Tell me it's not real.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.