One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He pleaded sweetly, shaking his clasped hands at her beseechingly.’
- ‘And Arthur, looking overwhelmed, turning his eyes on her beseechingly, saying, ‘Tell me it's not real.’’
- ‘He called as loudly and beseechingly as possible, ‘Please help me!’’
- ‘He pouted at me and said beseechingly, ‘Come here?’’
- ‘She gazed up at him beseechingly. ‘I do not wish our wedding to be spoiled by anything; least of all Papa's disapproval.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.