One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the French philosopher Henri Bergson or his ideas.‘a Bergsonian division between intuition and intellect’
- ‘He offers a Bergsonian interpretation.’
- ‘As we have already suggested, Bergsonian intuition is memory.’
- ‘His style is Bergsonian.’
A follower of the ideas of the French philosopher Henri Bergson.‘half of the most excitable authors of our time have been Bergsonians’
- ‘Will they, he asked, listen to the Bergsonians?’
- ‘We have to take account of the fact that on some very important problems it gives quite definite conclusions which one has to adopt if one wishes to be called a Bergsonian.’
- ‘Certainly incarnation must be conceived of by a Bergsonian as qualitative and not quantitative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.