One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Counselling intended to help people who have been bereaved to cope with their grief.
- ‘It will be managed by a paediatric nurse specialising in bereavement counselling.’
- ‘"I was basically doing bereavement counselling for a whole crew," recalls Smith.’
- ‘We don't get any training in bereavement counselling—I've had pupils breaking down in tears in the classroom.’
- ‘The court heard he had been "severely depressed" while committing the offence and had received bereavement counselling after the death of his son in custody.’
- ‘Stages of grieving are well established and recognised in bereavement counselling.’
- ‘Adults may end up benefiting from psychotherapy, bereavement counselling, and if necessary antidepressant medication.’
- ‘She received bereavement counselling and, he said, his mother appeared to be coming to terms with his father's death.’
- ‘They also enable the provision of other services such as bereavement counselling, career guidance and youth services.’
- ‘The social impact that the communities are making is extensive and covers everything from lunch clubs and childcare, to bereavement counselling and financial advice.’
- ‘She is also recently widowed and is trying to get over losing her husband with the help of bereavement counselling, which she had just attended at Sutton Hospital.’
- ‘Her mother had died in 1998 after failing to recover from surgery and she began to receive bereavement counselling.’
- ‘Formal bereavement counselling or contact with a specialist organisation may be appropriate.’
- ‘They also provide bereavement counselling which helps families come to terms with the trauma.’
- ‘The Health Board has a phone number for those who need to talk about bereavement counselling.’
- ‘An information evening set for Tuesday September 7 will be followed by a full training course in bereavement counselling on Tuesday evenings, starting on September 14.’
- ‘He stresses the need for proper support in times of need, i.e. bereavement counselling and so on.’
- ‘Three groups from Newbridge have received grants to provide marriage, child and bereavement counselling at their premises.’
- ‘But that is easier than going to bereavement counselling.’
- ‘It also offers special support for siblings, parents and the extended family as well as bereavement counselling.’
- ‘We have bereavement counselling in the NHS.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.