One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or condition of being bereaved.‘there is no right way to experience bereavement’count noun ‘the family suffered a sad bereavement’
loss, deprivation, dispossession, privationdeath in the family, loss, passing, passing away, passing on, demise, decease, end, expiry, expirationView synonyms
- ‘This programme is to help people to come to terms with loss through bereavement or separation.’
- ‘We also found that contact with the recipient and his family can help in the adjustment to bereavement and loss.’
- ‘Have you suffered a loss through bereavement and feel you could do with someone to talk to?’
- ‘Adults who work in schools can do much to help children deal with loss and bereavement.’
- ‘Sympathy was expressed to all the families connected with the club who suffered bereavements during the year gone by.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.