Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Properly completed bequeathal forms have legal status, a formal last will and testament is not required.’
- ‘Donations and bequeathals are welcome and tax deductible.’
- ‘Most medical schools accept anatomical bequeathals for biomedical research and the training of Physicians, Surgeons, Dentists, and other Health Care Professionals.’
- ‘If you have no immediate next of kin available as a witness, the bequeathal is still legal.’
- ‘We have several Funds that have been built up or which arise from bequeathals or other gifts, some designated for specific purposes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.