One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting the radical —CH₂C₆H₅, derived from toluene.‘benzyl benzoate’
- ‘It contained benzyl salicylate and benzyl cinnamate - neither of which is on the current approved list of sun filters.’
- ‘Treating carpets with tannic acid or benzyl benzoate can remove some dust mite residue, but such chemicals must be applied repeatedly and can worsen allergies in some people.’
- ‘Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.’
- ‘Many chemicals found in common perfumes and fragrances are designated as ‘hazardous’, including methylene chloride, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, ethyl alcohol and benzyl chloride.’
- ‘More recently, topical benzyl benzoate and lindane were mainstays of therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.