One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting the radical —CH₂C₆H₅, derived from toluene.‘benzyl benzoate’
- ‘More recently, topical benzyl benzoate and lindane were mainstays of therapy.’
- ‘Many chemicals found in common perfumes and fragrances are designated as ‘hazardous’, including methylene chloride, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, ethyl alcohol and benzyl chloride.’
- ‘It contained benzyl salicylate and benzyl cinnamate - neither of which is on the current approved list of sun filters.’
- ‘Treating carpets with tannic acid or benzyl benzoate can remove some dust mite residue, but such chemicals must be applied repeatedly and can worsen allergies in some people.’
- ‘Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.