Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of benzoic acid.
- ‘More recently, topical benzyl benzoate and lindane were mainstays of therapy.’
- ‘In the laboratory benzene can be made by the action of heat on a mixture of sodium benzoate and sodium hydroxide.’
- ‘Sodium benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid.’
- ‘Benzyl benzoate is irritant and not recommended for children.’
- ‘In an Australian study, CFS patients eliminated wheat, milk, benzoates, nitrites, nitrates, and food colorings and other additives from their diet.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.