One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of benzoic acid.
- ‘More recently, topical benzyl benzoate and lindane were mainstays of therapy.’
- ‘In an Australian study, CFS patients eliminated wheat, milk, benzoates, nitrites, nitrates, and food colorings and other additives from their diet.’
- ‘In the laboratory benzene can be made by the action of heat on a mixture of sodium benzoate and sodium hydroxide.’
- ‘Sodium benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid.’
- ‘Benzyl benzoate is irritant and not recommended for children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.