Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having the six-membered ring structure or aromatic properties of benzene.
- ‘With the benzenoid ring class of compounds, the absorption maxima are generally between 265 m and 285 m, frequently with the trough near the 253.7 m line.’
- ‘It is shown that all the circuits of a catacondensed benzenoid system are conjugated.’
- ‘This is the homepage of computer program for visualization of the resonance graphs of benzenoid graphs.’
- ‘We first consider a class of pericondensed benzenoid graphs consisting of two rows of hexagons of various lengths.’
- ‘In August 2003 the computer program made conjecture 1001 stating that for any benzenoid graph, the size of a maximum matching equals the number of positive eigenvalues.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.