Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘New coastal ocean remote sensing techniques permit benthic habitats to be explored with higher resolution than ever before.’
- ‘Much of this distinctiveness can now be ascribed to the influence of Actinocyclus normanii in both the planktonic and benthic food webs.’
- ‘The blue marlin occupies a high trophic level, feeding on pelegic and benthic organisms in the ecosystem of the open ocean.’
- ‘So, we conclude that Urbilateria was part of the benthic epifauna - a bottom crawler.’
- ‘There is no escape for the benthic epifauna in space or time-they must be grazer resistant.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.