One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A systemic fungicide used on fruit and vegetable crops, derived from imidazole.
- ‘As a control, we also analyzed the dynamic phenotype of ndc 10-1 in the presence and absence of benomyl.’
- ‘A scientist from Brazil, found that weekly sprays of milk controlled powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as synthetic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl.’
- ‘Few fungicides are registered for controlling the disease, and benomyl is the most effective one yet tested.’
- ‘Diploid conidia were incubated on solid complete medium containing 60 g/ml benomyl for 2 days and transferred to complete medium without benomyl for 2 weeks.’
- ‘They suggest spraying a fungicide containing benomyl or triforine to combat this common malady that disfigures begonias.’
1960s: from ben(z)o- + m(eth)yl.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.