One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is not necessarily true for all of the players in the digital library arena, and it is not necessarily benightedness that accounts for this.’
- ‘Whose foolishness or benightedness is Peter referring to in this and in the following nocturnes of Dresden's historic architecture?’
- ‘Twelve hundred people attended, including eighty-six deputies, one of whom apologized profusely for his previous benightedness and pledged his allegiance to ‘reform.’’
- ‘Both in Europe and in China, the social order of feudal society showed the brutality, benightedness and hypocrisy of the feudal ruling classes.’
- ‘The price we pay is to be haunted by the demons of our cowardice and benightedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.