Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He said export sectors that were being targeted were agro-processing, automobiles and components, mining technology and minerals beneficiation and clothing and textiles.’
- ‘This jig was the first of its kind in the world to be used for beneficiation of manganese ore and was praised mainly for its efficiency.’
- ‘At the same time the state is willing to provide resources and manpower having trained in tailor-made programs in geology, geophysics, geochemistry, mineral beneficiation, mining engineering, etc.’
- ‘We are now engaged in programmes that address the agricultural recovery, as well as in beneficiation of the agricultural produce, which has been the bedrock of our manufacturing industry.’
- ‘The first project targets beneficiation of local raw materials and products derived from the aloe industry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.