One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The economic and social power of Church beneficence exposed the poverty of public provision for the poor.’
- ‘It affects those who are the beneficiaries of the charity's functions, beneficence and bounty.’
- ‘Victims live in fear while repeat violators enjoy the benefits of parole under the beneficence of liberal magistrates.’
- ‘They are carriers of important values that represent a common good, and that must be sustained by charitable beneficence.’
- ‘The recent scandalous examples of malfeasance and untruthfulness of too many big business leaders and some of our foremost politicians have reduced the public trust in the beneficence of anybody.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.