One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drink alcohol.‘it didn't take long before we were all bending our elbows at the bar’
- ‘For the next thirty minutes Darren bent his elbow with the fluency of a gypsy fiddler while the others admired his strong drinking.’
- ‘Sometimes he bent his elbow in the company of other convivial fellows, and drank toasts which he would not have liked his wife and daughters to hear.’
- ‘He sat at the bar bending his elbow until the place closed at one o'clock.’
- ‘He was jovial, and bent his elbow frequently.’
- ‘Since Hemingway bent his elbow here, the bar has become de rigueur.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.