One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit.‘a country no longer willing to bend its knee to foreign powers’
- ‘And they despise the Good Friday agreement, which they see as bowing the knee to terrorism.’
- ‘Now we have a scramble amongst some politicians to prove themselves good Europeans and to bend the knee to nonsensical provisions coming from the EU.’
- ‘Let yesterday prove that Londoners and Britons of all faiths and backgrounds can still see clearly who their enemies are, and refuse to bow the knee.’
- ‘All three, and countless other journalists throughout the world, have one thing in common: they refused to bow the knee, in the face of naked threats and aggression.’
- ‘Once again, we see how much Ross bows the knee to the scientific establishment (except when they reject his views).’
- ‘Rudolph Giuliani, who will soon be knighted by the Queen, is a man who bends the knee to nobody.’
- ‘So the All England Club have at last bowed the knee to progress and agreed to roof the hallowed Centre Court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.