One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit.‘a country no longer willing to bend its knee to foreign powers’
- ‘And they despise the Good Friday agreement, which they see as bowing the knee to terrorism.’
- ‘All three, and countless other journalists throughout the world, have one thing in common: they refused to bow the knee, in the face of naked threats and aggression.’
- ‘Let yesterday prove that Londoners and Britons of all faiths and backgrounds can still see clearly who their enemies are, and refuse to bow the knee.’
- ‘Now we have a scramble amongst some politicians to prove themselves good Europeans and to bend the knee to nonsensical provisions coming from the EU.’
- ‘So the All England Club have at last bowed the knee to progress and agreed to roof the hallowed Centre Court.’
- ‘Once again, we see how much Ross bows the knee to the scientific establishment (except when they reject his views).’
- ‘Rudolph Giuliani, who will soon be knighted by the Queen, is a man who bends the knee to nobody.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.