One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Work carried out at a bench in a laboratory or workshop.
- ‘The august body, whose members had long abandoned benchwork, was speechless in wonder that he still did experiments with his own hands.’
- ‘It provides machined finishes so that the EDMing and benchwork on dies and molds can be virtually eliminated.’
- ‘First- and second-year medical students participated in case studies, clinical research projects, and laboratory benchwork, but participation significantly increased during the third and fourth years.’
- ‘The position will include laboratory benchwork and significant animal work.’
- ‘Laboratory benchwork is planned so that resident acquires a research technique that he or she may continue to explore throughout his or her career.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.