Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A test using a benchmark to evaluate a computer system's performance.
- ‘In the case of platform-compliance scores, for instance, you could map the different elements of your benchmark test and assign each element a color based on how risky it is and a size based on how often it was left exposed.’
- ‘We won't be running lots of synthetic benchmark tests - we're using the same real-world games testing that we use in our graphics reviews.’
- ‘This is the property responsible for most of the performance improvements you see in our other benchmark tests - particularly games, where random memory access is the norm.’
- ‘Conclusive benchmark tests have been conducted with multiple chipsets, CPUs and motherboards, your assurance of highest possible speed and uncompromising compatibility.’
- ‘I used the FireWire connection to scan the benchmark test drawing, though ultra-wide SCSI is available.’
- ‘On the Cadalyst Labs C2001 benchmark test, the FX 1400 scored 130.67-comfortably within the range usually posted by high-end cards.’
- ‘Our benchmark tests, which exactly reproduce workstation usage with appropriate applications, show that the additional L3 cache hardly adds any speed.’
- ‘The company has created new benchmark tests which it believes better reflect the way consumers actually use their programs.’
- ‘In the fall of 1999, Tandberg Data requested a third-party test house to perform a benchmark test of tape backup drives to assess their susceptibility to dust contamination.’
- ‘For the benchmark test, a 20GB database was created to represent four separate mailboxes.’
- ‘The Comanche 4 benchmark test would not run at all on the Intel graphics chip, as no hardware T&L was detected.’
- ‘In general, the NEC MultiSync LCD2080UX performed well during benchmark tests.’
- ‘The low - cost processors perform beautifully in our benchmark tests.’
- ‘I evaluated each monitor on how well it met the minimum configuration requirements specified, its benchmark test results, features, warranty, and documentation.’
- ‘In one WorldBench benchmark test Mozilla and MS Media Encoder run in parallel.’
- ‘It includes a CPU benchmark test that allows running the test single and multithreaded.’
- ‘The SPC allows it to be switched off during a benchmark test because it is a supported configuration which customers are not discouraged from using.’
- ‘In other cases, code in the drivers artificially reduces the workload demanded by the benchmark test, thereby increasing performance, Futuremark said.’
- ‘But let's move on to see how it performed in our standard benchmark tests, as compared to other 875P-based motherboards.’
- ‘Do you want me to show you benchmark tests that have lower-megahurtz processers outperforming higher-megahurtz processors?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.