One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘John grinned bemusedly, a girly, naive grin that often made the girls back home swoon.’
- ‘But he laughed anyway, and then bemusedly muttered ‘Oh, this is funny.’’
- ‘The old lady who had been inside smiled a little bemusedly, holding the lift door open for them as they pushed by her.’
- ‘‘But you are the carrier company,’ I said bemusedly.’
- ‘The parents in turn grabbed some food, had some nice Australian white wine, German beer, good conversation and bemusedly watched their kids race around.’
- ‘The staff have always been congenial, the atmosphere bemusedly chaotic, the pizza a dripping success.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.