One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a person's body or a garment around which a belt is placed; a waistline.‘your tie should reach your beltline’
- ‘Toward the end of the ninth Orozco landed a left hook to the body that seemed to connect right on the
- ‘Tuck a pillow behind the back and just above the beltline.’
- ‘When the shafts are parallel to your beltline on the takeaway and follow-through, the toe of the clubheads should be pointing up.’
- ‘The better hip scabbards pull the gun into the beltline from both front and back.’
- ‘He held a forty-one-caliber pistol at his beltline.’
- ‘Pilates work involves engaging the muscles that encircle your torso from your lower rib cage to below your beltline (abs, lower back, hips and glutes).’
- ‘I slide through the gravel, embedding a few pebbles in the babyfat around my beltline.’
- ‘I will not shave below my beltline.’
- ‘The critical pressure point is 8-9cm above the beltline and 4-5cm to the right of the spinal center.’
- ‘The burger swelled my beltline a bit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.