One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a person's body or a garment around which a belt is placed; a waistline.‘your tie should reach your beltline’
- ‘Toward the end of the ninth Orozco landed a left hook to the body that seemed to connect right on the
- ‘The burger swelled my beltline a bit.’
- ‘I will not shave below my beltline.’
- ‘The better hip scabbards pull the gun into the beltline from both front and back.’
- ‘I slide through the gravel, embedding a few pebbles in the babyfat around my beltline.’
- ‘Tuck a pillow behind the back and just above the beltline.’
- ‘He held a forty-one-caliber pistol at his beltline.’
- ‘When the shafts are parallel to your beltline on the takeaway and follow-through, the toe of the clubheads should be pointing up.’
- ‘The critical pressure point is 8-9cm above the beltline and 4-5cm to the right of the spinal center.’
- ‘Pilates work involves engaging the muscles that encircle your torso from your lower rib cage to below your beltline (abs, lower back, hips and glutes).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.