One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal belonging to a variety of the Galloway breed of cattle, black with a broad white band around the middle.See Galloway
- ‘In fact, crossing any other breed with the Belted Galloway is a good way to make sure the offspring don't have horns.’
- ‘Although the galloway does come in solid colours, the belted galloway is more striking with a white belt stretching right around its middle.’
- ‘Leeds City Council has a breeding herd of 14 black and white belted galloways which can often be seen in the ring at the major shows.’
- ‘Apart from the unique attractiveness derived from the coat colours, the Belted Galloway has the valuable qualities of carcass type, hardiness and fertility for which Galloways are renowned.’
- ‘The distinctive white belt found in Belted Galloways often varies somewhat in width and regularity but usually covers most of the body from the shoulders to the hooks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.