Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This model also highlights the importance of the classroom social ecology in promoting a student's sense of belongingness and, thus, motivation to engage in appropriate classroom behavior.’
- ‘But the riots wrenched my sense of belongingness from me and since then I have become a wanderer,’ he says visibly in pain.’
- ‘It is clear that there is a network of belongingness, of social, communal relationships and of a set of identities that are important to us.’
- ‘A person with healthy boundaries is able to have a solid sense of self and feelings of belongingness to one's family as well as to others outside the family.’
- ‘Part of the social response to this has been to bond with other individuals to create a belongingness identity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.