Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I believe there's a small group of enthusiasts out there who still know what the art of bellyboarding and bodysurfing is all about.’
- ‘Watching him made me want to try bellyboarding.’
- ‘Because of surfing's renewed popularity, a sport called bellyboarding was also revived.’
- ‘A record-breaking number of brave folk donned vintage bathing suits to go bellyboarding in Cornwall for the world championships.’
- ‘This photo from The Christie Archive shows Agatha & Archie Christie all suited up and ready for a spot of bellyboarding and surf bathing during their trip to South Africa in 1922.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.