Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See belly dance
- ‘The highlight of the evening was the voluptuous belly dancer who wowed the group with her charms and received lots of tips tucked into her frothy costume amid a thundering roar of applause.’
- ‘A trained belly dancer dances to the music of local and imported musicians to create a traditional oriental atmosphere.’
- ‘While they relax on embroidered carpets and pillows under the starlit sky, waiting for their barbecued buffet dinner, a enchanting belly dancer will perform to the rhythm of Arabic music.’
- ‘Her mother appeared in front of her again in a traditional belly dancer's outfit; sky blue silk embroidered with silver threading.’
- ‘Ringed by a circle of camels, we lolled on rich hand-woven carpets and cushions as the luscious dark-haired belly dancer gave an enthralling performance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.