One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A family of Italian painters in Venice, Jacopo (c.1400–70) and his sons Gentile (c.1429–1507) and Giovanni (c.1430–1516).
A cocktail consisting of peach juice mixed with champagne.
- ‘Everyone has commented on the venue and the delicious bellinis and vast selection of 'nibbles' were very popular!’
- ‘The Bellinis, reportedly made correctly with Italian sparkling wine, Prosecco, and peach puree weren't knockout.’
- ‘I sipped on my Bellini, taking in the sumptuous ambience.’
- ‘I felt transported and wished I could be there sipping a bellini and taking in the feel of spring!’
- ‘It has great views, particularly in the summer, and they serve the best bellinis around.’
- ‘Here, you might sit on the terrace, sipping a Bellini, watching men in white suits and women with snaky hips and pursed lips.’
- ‘You can only make the best patio drink ever, the Bellini, with white peach purée.’
- ‘They make the best Bellinis, refreshing in summer, and for winter some of the most full flavored red wines, an outstanding complement to the food.’
- ‘Ask for a Martini or a Bellini and see if they can deliver on their golden promise.’
- ‘The Bellinis are to die for and the dry Martinis are the best, just don't ask for a beer or a glass of wine at the bar… they don't do them.’
- ‘Olive Garden's drink menu also features two frozen Bellinis (peach and strawberry) along with those classic favorites, daiquiris and frozen margaritas.’
- ‘One favorite at Red Square with a spring feel is the Bolshevik Bellini (champagne, peach vodka and peach schnapps).’
- ‘Their Bellinis are world-class, and well worth the price tag, especially considering the classically beautiful surroundings, and excellent service.’
- ‘He mixed us up a couple of his signature Bellinis from fresh peach juice and Prosecco - these cool and refreshing drinks were the perfect cappers for a warm and leisurely afternoon.’
- ‘Sip signature Bellinis, a bubbly marriage of peach juice and champagne, then ‘follow up with a gondola ride.’’
- ‘Cuttlefish ink risotto is the traditional dish of the city, and be sure to order a Bellini cocktail before dining.’
- ‘We had lots of fun and ordered a Bellini in a fishbowl (it's basically the size of 3 or 4 Bellinis served in an actual fishbowl with two straws, lots of fun).’
- ‘Being a cocktail fiend myself, my friend and I tried a couple from the short list of Bellinis available.’
- ‘And if youre on a tight budget you can cheat by using a good quality Cava or sparkling wine to make the delicious Bellinis.’
- ‘I was brought up as a child of luxury, where the doorman at the Hassler carried your umbrella and the barman at the Cipriani remembered exactly how my mother liked her Bellini.’
From the name of the Venetian painter Giovanni Bellini: the cocktail is said to have been invented in Venice during a major exhibition of the artist's work in 1948.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.