One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Don't even think about asking,’ he cautioned belligerently.’
- ‘He put his hands on his hips and glared belligerently at her, looking and sounding for all the world like a teacher scolding her for stealing another student's toy.’
- ‘But she later changed tack, reverting to a belligerently confrontational stance.’
- ‘‘I never started explaining,’ Penelope pointed out belligerently.’
- ‘Ever since their ‘invention’ in the 1950s, teenagers have tested the limits set by previous generations: staying out late, stretching the truth and placing themselves belligerently at the centre of the universe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.