Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The author discusses the importance of Morgans fiction and belletrism in developing empathy and interest in Italys sufferings and woes.’
- ‘The effect of assigning this kind of importance to the cultivation of taste through belletrism is twofold.’
- ‘Thomas Sheridan's protests aside, elocution existed as a support to belletrism by legitimizing the rationale, by incorporating its logic into the realm of embodied performance.’
- ‘If elocution exists to treat delivery as such, we see in the continued tradition of belletrism a kind of bidden theory of delivery.’
- ‘In the final analysis it was action, not belletrism, that moved him most deeply.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.