One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cone-shaped tent supported by a central pole.
- ‘We slept in a bell tent and after my work was over went down into the forest for walks.’
- ‘I slept in a bell tent with about seven other Red Cross members.’
- ‘The remainder of that day was spent handing over to her sister ship HMS Bermuda and landing fresh equipment and stores, including numerous bell tents, which were soon erected to form small villages to house the homeless population.’
- ‘First used by British troops in the days of the Empire, the bell tent is a traditional means of shelter that has since been adopted by many other countries as a means of cheap and effective accommodation.’
- ‘We used to go camping every weekend at Hayfield in an ex-army bell tent, and my brother and sister took me on the protest that day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.