One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A button that operates an electric bell when pushed.
- ‘Compensation of £180 must also be paid to North Yorkshire Police for criminal damage to a bell push at Scarborough Police Station.’
- ‘Recent criminal work undertaken by the county court judge before his trial included drunkenly obstructing the police and yanking a bell push from the wall of his cell.’
- ‘Knockers range from €55 to €155, with doorknobs from €75 - €175 and letterplates and bell pushes from €50.’
- ‘He purchased it from the London branch in 1914 for £29, the highest price listed for a bell push in the London sales ledgers.’
- ‘A preliminary jab at the bell push at the end of the first verse of the first carol had been followed by a more imperious ring and a garbled version of the old Christmas is Coming rhyme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.