One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alloy of copper and tin for making bells, with a higher tin content than in bronze.
- ‘Prominent items include bell metal and wrought iron figurines, statues, lamps and other artifacts depicting the traditional gods, goddesses and animal figurines.’
- ‘There were strikingly beautiful items made of wrought iron and bell metal, terracotta, silk and wood craft.’
- ‘We pushed open the 600 year-old great oak door, hard as bell metal with the patina of pilgrimage etched deep into its rough grain and stepped in.’
- ‘With Christmas and New Year just round the corner, the accent is also on brass and bell metal lamps, in traditional and modern shapes.’
- ‘Local artisans also produce brassware and items made from bell metal (an alloy of copper and tin).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.