One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common European heather with relatively large purplish-red flowers.
- ‘As I gently climbed, the moors were lovely, the occasional colour of flowering bell heather, the promise next month of glorious purple.’
- ‘The vegetation is dominated by heather Calluna vulgaris and bell heather Erica cinerea, with some areas of acidic dune grassland and other areas dominated by mosses and an abundance of lichens.’
- ‘Crossed-leaved heath is a close relation of bell heather but is only found in the wetter areas of a heath.’
- ‘The leaves of bell heather are rolled and arranged in groups of threes along its stems.’
- ‘The podsolic and marshy land contains few nutrients and so only hardy plants such as the common heathers, bell heathers and also reindeer moss can survive while wild grasses grow on the upper slopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.