One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The supervisor of a group of bellboys.
- ‘He remembers the white marble counter that he stood behind as the hotel's night bell captain for three years at the height of the Roaring Twenties.’
- ‘Please present a parking ticket at the reception or to a bell captain.’
- ‘You can see hotel bell captains and taxi drivers on the green.’
- ‘‘Certainly’ she replied, ‘just bring them to the bell captain, and he'll handle this for you.’’
- ‘Please make arrangements with the bell captain at the hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.