One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The supervisor of a group of bellboys.
- ‘Please present a parking ticket at the reception or to a bell captain.’
- ‘Please make arrangements with the bell captain at the hotel.’
- ‘He remembers the white marble counter that he stood behind as the hotel's night bell captain for three years at the height of the Roaring Twenties.’
- ‘You can see hotel bell captains and taxi drivers on the green.’
- ‘‘Certainly’ she replied, ‘just bring them to the bell captain, and he'll handle this for you.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.