One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was a very real danger that the spire would collapse onto bell-ringers and those walking below.’
- ‘In the morning, when Congress assembled, the bell-ringer went to his post, having placed his boy below to announce when the Declaration was adopted, that his bell might be the first to peal forth the glad tidings.’
- ‘The bell-ringers of St James’ had that same day taken part in another county-wide act of appreciation and appeal.’
- ‘Another reason to feel distress about this matter is the effect it would have on the dedicated bands of bell-ringers who regularly practise this traditional art and help celebrate events such as weddings or christenings.’
- ‘So Lori would run up ahead of us, trying to gain the coveted spot of bell-ringer and first soprano.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.